About Ms. Cox
I am thrilled to be teaching second grade at Valley View Elementary this year! Last school year, I was fortunate to have the experience of student teaching in kindergarten, and working as a collaborative teacher in second grade. I fell in love with Valley View from the moment I walked into the school. It is truly a special place. I am honored and proud to be part of such an amazing family and community here at Valley View and Eanes ISD. I look forward to an incredible year of growth and fun with your child, and I am very excited about getting to know the families that make up our unique and wonderful classroom!
My belief is that every child wants to succeed, and every child can succeed. I believe that children first need to feel they are safe, cared for, and heard. I look forward to getting to know each student as the unique individual they are, and serve each student the way that best fits their needs in the classroom. I strive to help every student find their light and joy for learning everyday, and nurture students toward empathy and a growth mindset. Being your child's teacher is such a gift, and each day brings countless rewards. I am so grateful to work with children, and could not ask for a more fulfilling career. Thank you for trusting me as your child's teacher. It is the greatest privilege and responsibility.
I look forward to frequent communication and collaboration as we journey through the year together. We can do even greater things for your child when we work together as a teacher and parent team.
It's going to be a fantastic 2017-2018 school year!
Below is a little more about me...
- I grew up in Wisconsin and Iowa.
- I recently graduated with a masters degree in elementary education at Texas State University.
- I have two sisters, and I just became an aunt this year.
- I have a cat named, Lola.
- Before moving to Austin, I taught 6th and 4th grade in Monterrey, Mexico.
- I love to travel and try new things.
- My family likes to vacation in Southwest Florida.
- I enjoy yoga, reading, and being outside