About Ms. Cox
I am thrilled to be teaching second grade at Valley View Elementary, and I can't wait for an exciting year ahead full of learning and fun. I had the wonderful experience of being a student teacher and collaborative teacher at Valley View before becoming a second grade teacher last year. I fell in love with Valley View from the moment I walked in the door. It is truly a special place. I am honored and proud to be part of an amazing family and community here at Valley View and Eanes ISD. I look forward to getting to know the families that make up our unique and wonderful classroom this year.
My belief is that every child wants to be successful at school, and every child can be successful. I believe that children first need to feel safe, cared for, and heard. I look forward to getting to know each student as the unique individual they are, and serve each student the way that best fits their needs in the classroom. I strive to help every student find their light and joy for learning everyday, and nurture students toward kindness, empathy, and a growth mindset. Being your child's teacher is such a gift, and each day brings countless rewards. I am grateful to work with children, and could not ask for a more fulfilling career. Thank you for trusting me as your child's teacher. It is the greatest privilege and responsibility.
I look forward to our communication and collaboration as we journey through the year together. We can do even greater things for your child, and our community, when we work together.
It's going to be a fantastic 2018-2019 school year!
Below is a little more about me...
- I grew up in Wisconsin and Iowa.
- I hold a masters degree in elementary education from Texas State University.
- I have two sisters, and I just became an aunt last year!
- I have a cat and dog named, Lola and Nala.
- Before moving to Austin, I taught 6th and 4th grade in Monterrey, Mexico.
- I love to travel and try new things.
- My family likes to vacation in Southwest Florida.
- I enjoy yoga, reading, and being outside.